California Institute of Technology (Caltech): California Institute of Technology (Caltech) is a famous university based in Pasadena, California. The university was established in the year 1891. The university campus is spread across 124 acres. Currently, Every year lakhs of students from various states and countries are studying at the university.
California Institute of Technology (Caltech) – Overview
The California Institute of Technology is a private doctorate-granting research university in Pasadena, California. Known for its strength in natural science and engineering, Caltech is often ranked as one of the world’s top ten universities. Although founded as a preparatory and vocational school by Amos G. Throop in 1891, the college attracted influential scientists such as George Ellery Hale, Arthur Amos Noyes and Robert Andrews Millikan in the early 20th century.
Official Website: www.caltech.edu
Achievements of California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
The university has grown over the years with crossing various milestones in its journey. We have listed out some of the great achievements of the university.
- 3rd in the world by THE world university ranking 2018
- 4th in the world by QS world university ranking 2018
- 10th in the US by US News Best Colleges 2018
- 9th worldwide (7th in the nation) by Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities 2017
- 6th in the US according to Forbes America’s Top Colleges 2017
- 7th in the US according to Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education College Rankings 2018
Courses Offered by the University
California Institute of Technology (Caltech) offers various courses at Bachelors and Masters level in various streams like Business, Engineering, Computers, Science, Humanities. Some of the popular courses are mentioned as follows:
- and Other Courses
- Documents: We have listed some of the important documents required for getting admission in the university.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP): Needed for a few courses.
- Letter Of Recommendation (LOR): Needed for all courses.
- Essays: Not Required.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Needed for a few courses
- Additional documents: Required
- Application fees: Applicants have to pay application fees around USD 75 – 100.
- Type of Deadline: Regular.
- Intake Season:
- Fall: 1ˢᵗ Jan – 3ʳᵈ Jan
We hope that our article about the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) will surely help you to get to know about the various Top Universities in the USA and apply for the courses offered by them. Keep visiting www.gvtjob.com for more such Study Abroad articles.