Post Graduate Diploma in Banking (PGDB) Programme is an initiative of ICICI Bank in partnership with Manipal University. The Probationary Officers training programme aims to attract young talent who wish to pursue a career in banking. It is a vocational training programme designed to develop a pool of first level managers with banking knowledge and required skill-sets to perform efficiently in their day-to-day activities.
- One year full time residential programme conducted at ICICI Manipal Academy (IMA) campus, Bengaluru including internship and on-the-job training at ICICI Bank
- The programme focuses on balanced approach of providing inputs of relevant knowledge, developing deep banking skills and shaping required behaviors
- The training imparts knowledge and skills in core banking areas like banking products, processes, systems, regulations and compliance frameworks involved in day-to-day operations
- With more than thousand real-life case studies on service, sales and compliance themes interwoven in the course curriculum, the new curriculum lays greater emphasis on skill building of the Probationary Officers so as to enable them to deliver productivity from day one
- Innovative pedagogy tools such as Co-teaching attempt to enrich the end-to-end learning experience of the trainees
- The faculty is regularly trained not only by experts from ICICI Bank but also by experts from leading foreign universities
- State-of-the-art Infrastructure with Computer Lab facility and a Simulator Branch & Processing Centre for experiential learning
- The students have the opportunity to specialize in different areas of retail banking
- On successful completion of the training programme, students are absorbed in ICICI Bank as frontline managers in Deputy Manager Band I grade, in addition to being awarded the Post Graduate Diploma in Banking from Manipal University
- A cashless bridge in the form of a loan is provided to all participants to fund the cost of the programme
- A monthly stipend is paid to students both during campus terms & internship
- More than 14,000 students have been associated with the programme and more than 12,000 students have since graduated from the programme
The programme structure is as follows:
- Term 1 (4 months) – Classroom training at IMA, Bengaluru
- Term 2 (2 months) – Internship at ICICI Bank
- Term 3 (2 months) – Classroom training at IMA, Bengaluru
- Term 4 (4 months) – On-the-job training at ICICI Bank
- Those who have completed graduation with 55% (Aggregate) marks in any discipline.
- Up to 25 years of age as on 30th June 2016 (Should have been born on or after 30th June 1991).
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for the selection process
The above will be considered as the threshold criteria for shortlisting.
Selection Process and Fees of the Training Programme
The selection process for Probationary Officer will consists of
- Online Aptitude test
- Online Psychometric Questionnaire
- Case-based Group Discussion (GD
ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme 1
1. What is the objective of ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme?
It is an initiative of ICICI Bank to attract young talent from across the country to pursue a career in banking and equip them with relevant banking knowledge and skills.
2. How can I apply?
Log on to www.icicicareers.com and fill up the application form online. Test Dates & Locations will be announced at a later date for which you will get an e-mail/SMS.
3. Which are the locations in which the process is being conducted?
Location for Aptitude Test/Interview (tentative location**) SOUTH WEST NORTH EAST Bangalore Mumbai Chandigarh Ranchi Chennai Pune Jaipur Raipur Coimbatore Ahmedabad Delhi Patna Hyderabad Nagpur Lucknow Kolkata Kochi Bhopal Faridabad Guwahati Madurai Baroda Dehradun Bhubaneshwar Vizag Rajkot Ludhiana Vijaywada Jabalpur Udaipur Trivandrum Indore Kota Amravati Varanasi Aurangabad Kolhapur ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme 2 ** The above centres are likely to change. The final list of centres will be displayed once the Venue/Date/Time booking opens.
4. Can employees and relatives of ICICI Bank and other ICICI Group companies apply to the ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme?
Blood relatives (Brother, Sister, Spouse and Children) of ICICI Bank employees cannot apply. Blood relatives of ICICI Group Companies employees can apply.
5. What is the selection procedure?
The selection will be through a multi-stage selection process comprising of: · Online Aptitude test · Online Psychometric Assessment · Case-based Group Discussion (GD) · Personal Interview (PI) *The GD and PI (only for those applicants who will clear the GD) will be concluded on the same day.
6. How will you inform me if I am short listed for the selection process?
Short listed applicants will be intimated by email and SMS. A call letter informing about the venue and date of the process will also be sent through an e-mail. ** Please ensure that your e-mail address & mobile number are updated on www.icicicareers.com
7. When is the selection process being held?
The Aptitude Test is likely to be held in July 2016 followed by Group Discussions/Interviews in ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme 3 September 2016 & December 2016 for the applicants who clear the Aptitude Test.
8. What happens after I am selected?
You will undergo six months of intensive residential classroom and online training at ICICI Manipal Academy, two months of internship and four months of On-the-Job training with the Bank. To pursue the Probationary Officer Training Programme, interested students will have to invest a) Rs.3,62,250/- (Loan amount of Rs.3,15,000/- Plus applicable Service Tax, which is presently at 15%) b) Rs.16,354/- (Cost of Tablet + Cover + SD Card + VAT) Total amount: Rs.3,78,604/- which would be provided by ICICI Bank as a loan at a subsidized interest rate of 2.5% p.a. On successful completion of the entire training (including internship and On-the-Job-Training), the Probationary Officers will be absorbed as Deputy Managers (Band I) in the Bank. The loan is to be repaid by Probationary Officers in equated monthly installment (EMI) after joining the Bank. There would be no recovery of EMIs or interest during the training period. The interest accrued during this period would be recovered along with the normal EMIs. The EMIs are spread over a period of 60 months to ensure that there is minimal impact on the monthly earnings of the Probationary Officer. However, if the applicant leaves during training or within three years of joining ICICI Bank after training, ICICI Bank would recover the principal and the interest at market rate on the entire loan amount for the period that the amount was given as a loan to the Probationary Officer. The Loan Agreement will have to be signed by the Probationary Officer while joining the campus. However, the Probationary Officer will have to get the Guarantor form ready before joining the campus for training. The gross salary on joining the Bank after training will be more than Rs. 4 lakh per annum. ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme 4
9. What is the total amount that I am required to pay?
Details of the amount to be paid are as follows: a) Rs.3,62,250/- (Loan amount of Rs.3,15,000/- Plus applicable Service Tax, which is presently at 15%) b) Rs.16,354/- (Cost of Tablet + Cover + SD Card + VAT) Total amount: Rs.3,78,604/-
10. How do I as a Probationary Officer stand to benefit as far as the cost of training is concerned?
The loan is being extended by ICICI Bank at subsidized interest rate of 2.5 % p.a. · No EMIs/interest will be recovered during the training period when the Probationary Officer would be paid stipend/scholarship during training period. · The EMI/Interest recovery starts only from the 1st salary drawn by the Probationary Officer on joining the Bank after successful completion of the entire training (including Internship and Onthe-Job-Training). · The salary for the Probationary Officer at the grade that he/she would be joining (Deputy Manager Band I) has been adequately increased to cater for the payment of loan EMI of approximately six thousand four hundred rupees per month.
11. What would be the implications if I were to leave/resign from the Probationary Officer Training Programme anytime due to unforeseen circumstances? If, for any reason whatsoever, the applicant leaves during training or within three years of joining ICICI Bank after training, ICICI Bank would recover the principal and the interest at market rate on the entire loan amount for the period that the amount was given as a loan to the Probationary Officer. · e.g. If a Probationary Officer leaves 4 months after joining the Bank after completion of the 1 year Training Programme he would be required to pay Rs. 3,78,604/- + Interest @ 15 % p.a. (current market rate) for 16 Months (12 months training plus 4 months as employee) less EMIs/Interest already paid. ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme 5
12. Would I be required to pay any other amount?
Yes. If you are selected as the ICICI Bank Probationary Officer you would be required to deposit Rs. 10,000/- Admission Security Deposit into ICICI Bank Account before giving acceptance to the Invitation Letter for the Probationary Officer Training Programme. The procedure for this will be explained in your Invitation Letter. This amount will be refunded to you on the completion of 90 days training at the Academy. However, if you do not join the training after confirmation or leave the training within 90 days of joining, this amount will be forfeited.
13. What is the Guarantee that ICICI Bank will give job as Deputy Manager after the one year training?
All the Probationary Officer selects will be given a job guarantee letter soon after joining for training at ICICI Manipal Academy. Job will be guaranteed to the Probationary Officer who will successfully complete the entire training (including Internship and On-the-Job-Training) in the PGDB programme.
14. What would be my salary once I join the Bank after the Training Programme?
Your gross annual salary on joining the Bank will be more than Rs. 4 lakh (Cost To Company).
15. Would I be required to sign any agreement for the loan?
Yes. Loan agreement, as is required for any loan that an individual avails from a bank, would have to be signed. Processing charges/Stamp Duty of approximately Rs. 500/- or as decided by the Bank will have to be paid by you for the agreement.
16. When is the Training Programme starting?
There will be two batches that will start undergoing the training at IMA in the first week of November 2016 and first week of February 2017. ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training Programme 6
17. Where will the Training Programme be held?
The Training Programme will be held in Bengaluru or any other location in India as decided by ICICI Bank.
18. Which functional area, location would the Probationary Officers be placed post completion of the training?
Specialization in a functional area is decided by the Bank based on the prevailing needs and business requirements. Further the location of posting is decided by the bank on the basis of business requirements.
19. When will the application process close?
The applications for November 2016 and February 2017 batches will remain open till 30th June 2016.
Directions: Read the given passage and answer the questions that follow. Passage On clear moonless evenings when it is completely dark, you can sometimes see a faint glow from the horizon. It is called the zodiacal light as it runs along the zodiac, the constellation through which the planets appear to travel. This glow is sunlight, reflected off dust particles in the solar system it is brightest near the sun, so it is best visible after sunset or before dawn, when the sun is just far enough below the horizon to leave the sky completely dark.
Joining Process ICICI BANK
Please go through the Invitation Letter, thoroughly and if you are willing to participate in the ICICI Bank Probationary Officer Training at ICICI Manipal Academy, Bengaluru then please confirm your participation by following the process given below:
- Please visit any ICICI Bank Branch with the Deposit Slip (attached with the Invitation Letter) & make payment of the Refundable Admission Security Deposit of Rs.10,000/- only. The amount becomes refundable after on completion of 3 months training at ICICI Manipal Academy, Bengaluru.
Send a signed copy of the Invitation Letter to
ICICI Bank PO Recruitment,
ICICI Bank Ltd,
Regional Office, Plot No:12,
Hyderabad – 500 032
To pursue the Training Programme, you would have to pay
- Rs.3,62,250/- (Loan amount of Rs.3,15,000/- Plus applicable Service Tax, which is presently at 15%)
- Rs.16,354/- (Cost of Tablet + Cover+ SD Card + VAT)
Total amount: Rs.3,78,604/-
to “Manipal Global Education Services Pvt. Ltd”. This amount would be provided by ICICI Bank as a subsidized loan on joining the Campus. It is mandatory for all PO Programme participants to avail of the loan. Further details are given in your Invitation Letter.
For availing the Loan facility you would be required to execute a Loan Agreement with the Bank soon after joining the Campus for training.
Guidelines / instructions for the loan process Click here
To download the Loan Agreement Click here
To download the Auto debit Authority Letter Click here
You will also be required to furnish a Guarantee for repayment of the Loan, which would have to be given by you immediately on the date of commencement of the Training Programme.
To download the Personal Guarantee Document Click here
To download the Affidavit for Submission of Original Marksheets/ Certificates Click here
Request Merit listed applicants to proceed with their travel / other arrangements for ICICI Manipal Academy, Bengaluru on receipt of our confirmation.
You would be reimbursed with the cost of travel (restricted to 3rd AC train fare) for the travel to Bengaluru by the shortest route from your current place of stay, on submission of original ticket for the journey. Further details are given in your Invitation Letter.
Joining at ICICI Manipal Academy, Bengaluru on the date mentioned in the invitation letter.