The Public Sector and the Private Sector are two very important parts of the Indian Economy which seem to be attracting a major percentage of the working young population. The choice is very difficult for every youngster just out of college and looking for some good experience. It is very difficult to compare these two forms of examinations as both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. The reason behind the confusion that people face is quite understandable because both the government jobs and private jobs have a very different way of working and even the process of recruitment can be separate.
|10वी/12वी, ग्रेजुएट के लिए बड़ी कंपनियों में भर्ती|
|• Air India||• Big Bazaar|
|• Reliance Jio||• Ashok Leyland|
|• Resume format freshers||• Courses 12th Pass|
|• Work From Home||• Free Job Alert (Freejobalert)|
Since the beginning, Government Jobs in India are really sought after and most of the people prefer to work for the government instead of risking their lives in the hands of a private job. However, as the times changed, people understood the perks and advantages that came from the MNC movement in India and the boost in education system allowed people to delve further into the Private Job business. Hence, people now started questioning the mediocrity of government jobs and the security that they had with the various job profiles offered by private sector companies that the opportunities that they brought with them.
In this article, we not going to tell you clearly which job is better – government job or private job? But we will surely tell you the difference between both of them and describe the way you can make a decision that will affect the entire course of your career. We advise you to consult many people before delving into one phase and letting the other one go. You never know what the best is for you and what is the thing that you can do better than most people around you.
Which job is the best, a private one or government one
Process of Recruitment –
When looking for a job in the government sector, you have to keep a lot of things in mind. The application forms usually have a fixed date of release and the process is pretty standard as well. Usually all jobs are open at all India level and you will have to be aware of the opening of applications else your entire year will be wasted on the basis of your history. The most popular jobs in the government sector are, IAS, Banking Jobs, State Services and Teaching Jobs.
Getting a job in the private sector is a completely different game. The candidate has to have a completely professional outlook to get selected. Networking is a great skills when it comes to private jobs as referrals are a main way for you to get an interview in the company of your choice. Online Job Portals are also important in this age of technology as they provide a way to reach out to the candidates and many people get jobs directly through these portals. All sorts of people coming straight from college of even with 10 years of experience can get a job in private companies.
Points to Consider While Making the Decision
There are a lot of advantages as well as disadvantages of working in both sectors. We will take you through the common things that everyone faces and you can get a general idea of what to expect from your future life as a government servant or a private professional.
Advantages of Government Jobs –
- Job Security – The biggest factor that people value in government jobs is the security that comes with these jobs. This reaches out to the fact that private companies might come and go but the government is going to be here for a really long time. Unless the entire country is given a 360 degree makeover, government servants cannot lose their jobs.
- Low Pressure – Since the government is not in business to make profit or compete with other people in the market, the pressure on the employees is really less. The most taxing and pressurizing roles of sales and marketing are almost absent in the government sector.
- Time Off – You can take leaves when you need and the government also gives you a generous amount of public holidays in India which are a lot more as compared to Private Jobs.
- Long Span Jobs – These are the jobs that people end up doing their whole life. A lot of people join government jobs as youngsters and retire after the age of 60. This makes the job a big part of their life.
SSC CGL Exam eligibility and selection procedure described very well on given link.
Disadvantages of Government Jobs –
- Slow Growth – Since there is not a lot of competition, the growth chart for each candidate is also pretty stagnant. The rate at which you grow does not really depend on the quality of work that you do but the amount of time you have spent in that position.
- Less Earning – While private jobs expect you to work more, they also pay more salary for your efforts. The earning potential is really capped when you are working in a government job in a non-corrupt way.
- Lazy Work Environment – Since Humans are social animals, the environment really impacts the amount of work that you will be putting in. So, a lazy work environment in the government sector actually hampers your productivity and personal growth.
Advantages of Private Jobs –
- Faster Selection Process – The selection process in a private job is over in the duration of 15 days at maximum. Some people are even hired on the spot.
- Higher Salary – The salary is a lot higher as compared to the government counterparts and you are also expected to grow quickly as well.
- More Opportunities – While you can get stuck in a boring job as a government professional the private job gives you a lot more opportunities of changes and self-growth.
Disadvantages of Private Jobs –
- Tough Competition – The process of recruitment in private jobs is very tricky and it might be very difficult for people to bring in the work that comes from various experience in various fields.
- No Job Security – For a lot of people the biggest con of a private job is the risk that it bears and the lack of stability.
- Increased Workload – The amount of work that you have to in order to survive in a private job is a lot more intense as compared to a government job.
We hope that this article has been able to give you a good deal of information about the differences between a government job and a private job. It is important to realise that you should take this important decision of your life with careful consideration. Do not decide impulsively or without proper research. For more important information on government job recruitment and the strategies to ace exams, download gradeup app!