Michigan State University (MSU): Michigan State University (MSU) is a famous university based in East Lansing, Michigan. The university was established in the year 1855. The university campus is spread across 5200 acres. Currently, More than a thousand students from various states and countries are studying at the university.
Michigan State University (MSU) – Overview
Michigan State University (MSU) is a public research university in East Lansing, Michigan, United States. MSU was founded in 1855 and served as a model for land-grant universities later created under the Morrill Act of 1862. The university was founded as the Agricultural College of the State of Michigan, one of the country’s first institutions of higher education to teach scientific agriculture. After the introduction of the Morrill Act, the college became coeducational and expanded its curriculum beyond agriculture.
Official Website: msu.edu
Achievements of Michigan State University (MSU)
The university has grown over the years with crossing various milestones in its journey. We have listed out some of the great achievements of the university.
- In 2017, the university was ranked 21st by Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- In 2018, it was ranked 149th internationally by QS World Rankings
- In 2017, U.S. News & World ranked it 33rd in the United States
- Forbes Magazine ranked the MBA program 19th in the U.S
Courses Offered by the University
Michigan State University (MSU) offers various courses at Bachelors and Masters level in various streams like Engineering, Computers, Medicine, Business Some of the popular courses are mentioned as follows:
- and Other Courses
Scholarships Provided by the University
The scholarship is a foundation in order to provide financial assistance to merit students. Here is the list of some of the scholarships provided by the university.
- Global Neighbors Scholarship(Michigan State University)
- International Student Grant(Michigan State University)
- Global Spartan Scholarship(Michigan State University)
- You are welcome here Scholarship(BS in Kinesiology-Michigan State University)
- and many more
- Documents: We have listed some of the important documents required for getting admission in the university.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP): Needed for a few courses.
- Letter Of Recommendation (LOR): Needed for few courses.
- Essays: Needed for a few courses.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Needed for a few courses.
- Additional documents: Required.
- Application fees: Applicants have to pay application fees around USD 50 – 85.
- Type of Deadline: Depends on course.
- Intake Season:
- Fall: 6ᵗʰ Nov – 2ⁿᵈ Apr
- Spring: 15ᵗʰ Sep – 1ˢᵗ Sep
- Summer: 15ᵗʰ Jan
We hope that our article about Michigan State University (MSU) will surely help you to get to know about the various Top Universities in the USA and apply for the courses offered by them. Keep visiting www.gvtjob.com for more such Study Abroad articles.