Western Michigan University (WMU): Western Michigan University (WMU) is a famous university based in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The university was established in the year 1903. The university campus is spread across 1300 acres. Currently, More than 1,746 students from various international states and countries are studying at the university.
Western Michigan University (WMU) – Overview
Western Michigan University (WMU) is a public research university in Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States. The university was established in 1903 by Dwight B. Waldo. Its enrollment, as of the Fall 2016 semester, was 23,252. WMU’s aviation program is ranked as one of the top 5 aviation programs offered in the United States
Official Website: wmich.edu
Achievements of Western Michigan University (WMU)
The university has grown over the years with crossing various milestones in its journey. We have listed out some of the great achievements of the university.
- WMU hosts 1,859 international students from about 100 countries
- U.S. News & World Report has designated WMU one of the country’s best national universities for 24 consecutive years and has placed it in the top tier of those universities annually since creating the tier five years ago
- Phi Beta Kappa, America’s most prestigious honor society, has chosen to grant chapters to WMU and just 99 other public institutions
- WMU awarded more than $269 million in financial assistance to 18,979 students. Nearly $52 million of this total went to some 3,273 graduate students
- 92% of WMU graduates were employed or pursuing higher studies within three months of graduation
Courses Offered by the University
Western Michigan University (WMU) offers various courses at Bachelors and Masters level in various streams like Business, Engineering, Computers, Science. Some of the popular courses are mentioned as follows:
- and Other Courses
- Documents: We have listed some of the important documents required for getting admission in the university.
- Standard Operating Procedure (SOP): Not required.
- Letter Of Recommendation (LOR): Needed for few courses.
- Essays: Not required.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): Needed for a few courses.
- Additional documents: Required.
- Application fees: Applicants have to pay application fees around USD 100.
- Type of Deadline: Regular.
- Intake Season:
- Fall: 1ˢᵗ Apr – 15ᵗʰ Apr
- Spring: 1ˢᵗ Aug – 15ᵗʰ Oct
- Summer: 1ˢᵗ Jan
We hope that our article about Western Michigan University (WMU) will surely help you to get to know about the various Top Universities in the USA and apply for the courses offered by them. Keep visiting www.gvtjob.com for more such Study Abroad articles.