UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2020 Postponed
The Commission held a special meeting on May 4, 2020, to review the situation after the second phase of the nation-wide lockdown due to COVID-19. Taking notice of the extension of restrictions, the Commission decided that it will not be possible to resume examinations and interviews for the present.
The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020, scheduled to be held on May 31, 2020 therefore stands deferred. Since this examination also serves as the screening test for the Indian Forest Service Examination, the schedule for the Indian Forest Service Examination is also deferred. The situation will be reviewed again on May 20, 2020 and fresh dates for these examinations shall be notified on the UPSC website in due course.
The Commission has already deferred the following:
- Personality test for remaining candidates for the Civil Services Examination, 2019
- Notification for the Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2020
- Notification for the Combined Medical Services Examination, 2020
- Notification for the Central Armed Police Forces Examination, 2020
- the NDA & Naval Academy Examination, 2020.
As and when dates are decided for the deferred tests/examinations, it will be ensured that candidates are given a notice of at least 30 days.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Civil Services Prelims 2020 Postponed
The post has First appeared on GVTJOB.COM – Sarkari Naukri Updates – Official Website.
Stay connected with WWW.GVTJOB.COM for the latest updates.
Important: Please always Check and Confirm the above details with the official website and Advertisement / Notification.